One of the most original aspects of this project lies in getting philosophers, artists and scientists in the same physical place in order to stimulate interactions between different disciplines and sectors in a process of mutual learning.
We are aware that we are proposing a quite innovative endeavor, never experimented before. All along the project, we will pay great attention to knowledge drawn from practice methodology as well as to cooperative work and learning together procedures.
Further, we will try to always articulate theory and practice. The foreseen experimental events (residences), will always be followed by theoretical analysis and discussion (seminars), We also aim to introduce innovative, interdisciplinary practices able to open new methodological perspectives in the approach to the area of science-art-philosophy.
To achive this, Sap Lab is organized as follows:
1. Regular SAP-Lab RESIDENCiES where scientists, philosophers and artists will develop their research in a context of deep interdisciplinary work-inprogress.
2. SAP-Lab PERMANENT SEMINAR where a regular conceptual and accurate analysis of all the work occurring at the residencies will be developed. In parallel, we aim at discussing the overall theme of Science-Art-Philosophy in confrontation with the specific topics of on-going research on the four Lines of inquiry.
3. SAP-Lab DIGITAL PLATFORM will be constructed on basis of the development and amplification of the actually existing CISA-UL (http://lisboncisa.fc.ul.pt). A database storing, classifying and laying up all kind of materials produced by SAP-Lab and concerning its activities and scientific production (by theoretical texts and audio/video/film registration) and also a virtual forum for discussion and a informing device for all work in progress put forward in the SAP-Lab project as well as for external calls, links and new partnerships.
4. Series of BIENNIAL SAP-Lab EXHIBITIONS
5. Series of BIENNIAL SAP-Lab INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES